SUBSCRIBESIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Emerging Exporters Program
The City of Gold Coast’s Emerging Exporters Program trains local businesses to develop export supply capabilities with the aim of developing export markets globally.
Who should attend the free training program?
This program is developed for Gold Coast businesses that are:
- New to export
- Emerging exporters to become more profitable and sustainable; and
- Existing exporters to train new staff and learn about new trends and channels
The program enables small and large companies across most sectors to develop the skills and knowledge to develop, then implement an export plan.
The Emerging Exporters Program runs twice yearly and there are two program variations:
- Export Growth – traditional offline exporting
- Export Online – B2B and B2C e-commerce for export
Training is delivered by contracted external export specialists, the program content is developed in coordination with TradeStart Gold Coast Export Adviser in close collaboration with participating businesses.
About the Programs
Both programs are free for Gold Coast businesses and delivered across four, fortnightly three hour morning sessions, 12 hours in total. Small, interactive workshop style, there is plenty of scope to incorporate needs of participants, with an Export Adviser providing additional coaching to address specific barriers to each business, and their circumstances and priorities. Both programs address general barriers to key export markets relevant to Gold Coast export sectors.
The Export Growth Program variation provides businesses with the tools and skills to grow Business to Business (B2B) sales in overseas markets through traditional channels – generally agents, distributors, office and other market entry methods.
Guest speakers include appropriately experienced freight forwarders, legal services and financial providers
It covers topics such as:
- How and why to export – resourcing and expectations
- Where to export – market validation and selection
- Market entry strategies across markets and cultures
- Critical success factors in detail – financing, legal, IP, documentation, logistics, distribution
- Marketing and sales overseas – pricing, branding, pitching, reaching customers, converting sales
- Visiting the region – trade show, leveraging trade agencies and networks
- Launching a product – offline and leveraging online tools
The Exporting Online Program variation provides businesses with the tools and skills to grow Business to Business (B2B) and Business to Consumer (B2C) e-commerce export sales and leverage website and integrated information systems for global sales.
Guest speakers in the past have included Alibaba, Amazon, Rakuten e-commerce platforms, and DHL.
- Amazon and export to the USA
- Selling to China, South Korea and Japan – Rakuten and China Platforms update
- Driving international traffic and sales to your website
- Using technology to drive bigger product launches overseas and increase conversion online
Indicative dates are October to December 2017 for Export Growth, and May to June 2018 for Export Online at a central Gold Coast location.
The business programs are designed to primarily support high growth potential businesses and acceptance into the program will be based on this criteria.
develop a successful export strategy
and tools to identify global opportunities